The action of Levitra is aimed at maintaining sexual function in men. The instructions for use describe in detail the indications for use, composition, as well as contraindications and side effects, which are described in detail below. Before taking Levitra, you must carefully read the instructions.
- Hypersensitivity, intolerance or the presence of allergies to any component in the composition.
- Do not take together with nitrates or medicines that contribute to the production of nitric oxide.
- It is not recommended simultaneous use with drugs aimed at action of levitra suppressing the process of reproduction of the HIV virus.
- The drug is not intended for women and children under 16 years.
With special care, the drug should be used when:
- Anatomical deformation of the penis.
- Diseases that cause the penis to a state of prolonged erection, not associated with sexual arousal, namely myeloma, leukemia.
- Diseases of the liver. In case of not serious violations of the liver, the dosage indicated in the instructions does not change. In case of severe disorders, medication should be started with a reduced dose. In such cases Levitra can be taken only under the condition of normal drug tolerance.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system, in particular the kidneys. Adjusting the daily allowance is not required.
- Hypotension, when the pressure drops below 90 mm Hg. Art.
- After a stroke, a heart attack, and also other ischemic heart diseases.
Levitra should not be used before driving a vehicle and action of levitra working with mechanisms, since the action of the drug has not been fully studied.
Side effects Levitra
Levitra side effects are rare. At occurrence they are transferred easily and quickly pass.
In most cases, Levitra’s side effects are manifested:
- Violation of the organs of the central and peripheral nervous system, which are manifested in non-long and easy headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, anxiety. In rare cases, syncope is possible.
- Violation of the work of the organs of the cardiovascular system. Most often there is reddening of the face and a feeling of heat. Rarely low or high blood pressure, including when changing posture and other heart diseases.
- Dysfunction of the digestive tract. It is manifested by nausea and digestive disorders.
- Disturbance in the work of respiratory organs: edema of the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract, rhinitis, shortness of breath, nosebleeds.
- Violation of the work of the action of levitra organs of sight. It manifests itself in increased tearing, a violation of the clearness of vision, as well as increased intraocular pressure.
- Puffiness of the face and increased irritability to light.
- Violation of the musculoskeletal system: back pain and muscle tone, even at rest.
- On the part of the organs of the reproductive system: a prolonged or painful erection, including without sexual arousal.
Levitra and alcohol
Many men with the drug Levitra is interested in the compatibility of this drug with alcohol. Alcohol and ethanol contained in it, harmful and negatively affects the male capabilities. First of all, this is due to the lack of oxygen on which the erection depends. Secondly, after action of levitra consuming alcohol in the testicles and the prostate gland, ethanol accumulates, which poisons the body, detrimental to sperm.
With the simultaneous administration of Levitra and alcohol, the effect of the drug is slowed down, since the liver actively cleaves ethanol. There may be pain in the right side, in the region of the liver. In addition, with joint admission may increase the side effects of the drug on the body. Levitra and alcohol are incompatible.
The impact of Levitra on the organs of the heart, circulatory system and vision
Particular attention should be paid to the effect of the drug on the cardiovascular system and vision.
In the presence of diseases of the cardiovascular system, Levitra should be taken with caution. As with the occurrence of a side effect, there is a double blow to the organs of the blood and heart, which can cause problems with the functioning of the circulatory system and the brain. The peak is due to sexual intercourse.
Levitra with good health can be the action of levitra cause of ailments. In heart diseases, in combination with the load of Levitra’s active substance, a heart attack and stroke can develop. It can also cause sudden death due to cardiac arrest.
Pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not intended for use in women and newborns.
Prior to the appointment of Levitra (as well as other drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction), the doctor should evaluate the condition of the cardiovascular system, since there is a risk of developing complications from the heart during sexual activity.
Vardenafil has vasodilating properties, which can be accompanied by a slight or moderate decrease in blood pressure.
Patients with left ventricular outflow obstruction, for example, with aortic stenosis, idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, may be sensitive to the action of vasodilators, including PDE5 inhibitors.
In men who are not shown sexual activity, due to concomitant action of levitra cardiovascular disease, drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction are not prescribed.
Since Levitra at therapeutic doses (10 mg) causes prolongation of the QT interval, the drug should not be given to patients with congenital QT interval elongation and those taking antiarrhythmic drugs of class IA (quinidine, procainamide) or class III (amiodarone, sotalol).
The safety and effectiveness of vardenafil in combination with other drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction has not been studied, so their joint use is not recommended.
The safety of vardenafil has not been studied and its use is not recommended in the following groups of patients: severe liver dysfunction, end-stage renal disease requiring hemodialysis, arterial hypotension (systolic pressure at rest <90 mm Hg), recent stroke or myocardial infarction (within the last 6 months), unstable angina, as well as hereditary degenerative diseases of the retina, for example, retinitis pigmentosa.
Against the background of taking Levitra and other PDE5 inhibitors, cases of transient loss of vision and non-artery ischemic neuropathy of the optic nerve were recorded. In the event of sudden loss of vision, the patient should stop taking Levitra and consult a doctor immediately.
Combined therapy with alpha-adrenoblockers and vardenafil may be accompanied by the development of arterial hypotension with a corresponding clinical picture, as these drugs have a vasodilating effect. The combined use of Levitra and alpha-adrenoblockers is acceptable only if there are stable indices of BP against the action of levitra background of alpha-blockers, while Levitra should be prescribed in the minimum recommended dose of 5 mg. Do not take Levitra at the same time with alpha-adrenoblockers, with the exception of tamsulosin, which may coincide in time with the use of vardenafil. In the case of a selected dose of Levitra therapy with alpha-blockers should be started at the lowest dose. A gradual increase in the dose of alpha-blockers to patients receiving drugs from the group of PDE5 inhibitors may lead to a further decrease in blood pressure.
The dose of Levitra should not exceed 5 mg when it is combined with erythromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole. The dose of ketoconazole and itraconazole should not exceed 200 mg.